Farmer Organisation Support Centre in Africa
As part of a multifaceted programme to provide support for FOs in Africa, the Alliance for Green Revolution in Africa (AGRA) has set up the farmer organisation support centre in Africa (FOSCA). At the core of this support system is the capacity building of FOs. This is to improve their ability to deliver quality services to improve the livelihood of smallholder farmers in Africa. The support centre seeks to;
- Improve the capacity of farmer organizations in service delivery to smallholder farmers in Africa.
- Improve the operating standards of Service Providers (SPs) by setting quality standards for service delivery to FOs.
- Develop a network of information sharing and collaboration for FOs and SPs.
- Create centres of excellence in the FO space.
- The development of Capacity performance indicator (CPI)
- Africa Farmer Organisation of the year Awards (AFOYA) and Forums
- Data Repository and Geo-referencing information platform and
- Case studies and working papers series.
The four components above are structured to provide support to FOs throughout Africa.